Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wendy & Dave Forever!

So here we are--me and my "fiance". In case you've never met him before, his name is David Larson and he's from Ferron, UT. We started dating on March 21, 2007. We met in our student ward up here in Logan. We started talking to each other at FHE (Family Home Evening) and then we started hanging out and now a year later we're getting married.

We've been talking about getting married for like a month. I guess by most definitions you could say that we've been engaged for that long because we've had a date scheduled and some things booked for almost all of that month. But it was only last night that he gave me a ring!

Since I know you'll ask, here are the details of how he asked me to marry him:

Dave had come into town on Tuesday night and was leaving again on Thursday morning for work, and naturally it made sense that he would want to take me on a date on Wednesday...right? He also wanted me to pick the place that we went to...which he does occasionally. So I had no reason so suspect that anything was up. We also had an institute class on Wednesday night and I thought during class that a chocolate milk shake would go well with my dinner. So I chose Village Inn! (They have a good shake.) And I got a chocolate shake! Dave wanted to propose to me at the restaurant but he decided while we were there that Village Inn was not romantic enough. He's right! The only problem was that now he was carrying the ring around in the huge box in his pocket, terrified that I would notice!

So as we were headed away back to his apartment he decided he could propose just outside of his front door next to a lamp post. As we were walking up the sidewalk he tossed the Institute manual (which we had used earlier that night in Institute) onto to grass. It distracted me enough. And by the time I had turned back around to him he was on one knee with the ring! I said yes...he knew I would but was glad to hear it anyways! Then we went inside because it was like 20 degrees outside!


Now what? We're getting married on Saturday, August 2 in the Mount Timpanogos Temple and having a reception in Ferron, UT the night before and a reception in Sandy, UT the night we get married. After that...we have no idea where we're going to live! Likely out of state.

Until August 2 we have a lot going on: I'm going to Mexico to study Spanish for a month and teaching classes in Logan for 5 weeks. Dave is starting an on-line school program and continuing to work.

We are very excited and happy! But if you have any suggestions on how to maintain sanity while you are leaving the country, teaching classes, moving out of your apartment, looking for a full time job AND planning a wedding...please let me know! Thanks for reading all of this :)

19 comments:

The Ellis Family said...

Congrats! My advice: embrace the insanity. No matter how hard you try to avoid it, things will get crazy. Just enjoy it while it lasts and remember you're only going to do this once!

Robin said...

Wendy, you are awesome. Good luck with all the stuff you have to do, I'm sure it will be exhilarating and a time you'll never forget. I'm so happy for you and Dave! And I love that ring!

Becki said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! August isn't that far away...especially when you both have so many things to keep you busy in the mean time! What a great guy! The ring is beautiful! Can't wait to give you a shower! Keep us posted on everything! Where are you going to be studying in Mexico?

garrett said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting! I wish you guys the best.

allicat4 said...

Yay! Reading this post is almost as good as talking to you on the phone about it. ;) One of these days we'll quit playing phone tag. Congrats!

Jay and Heath said...

Congrats Wends! Very exciting... and good choice on your ring ;) Sounds like a buys summer for you guys! Good luck with all the planning... keep us updated :) Congrats again, Ter

Haley said...

My advice: punch someone. Prolly not Dave though. :)

Let me know if you need any help with anything, even if you're far away.

Andrew said...

Wendy,

Congratulations! We knew it--the other night, Jane and I found your blog and we were looking at all of your previous posts and wondering about the guy that seemed to be with you in all of your pictures. We don't even know him, but we both thought that this was coming. I'm sure that he's a terrific guy. He's lucky to have you!

brynn eyre said...

Congratulations Wendy! I am so excited for you! I didn't know you had a blog! I have one too it is www.brynnstar.blogspot.com. I e-mailed you my address so you can send me an invite!

cherilyn said...

holy cow! i'm so excited for you. let's talk more. i've called you twice, but I'm sure you're keeping busy, like your post says.
love ya!

Jake said...

Yeah for Wendolyn! Congrats.

Bonny said...

woot! congrats! my advice is to enjoy yourself. This is an exciting time...savor it.

Katey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I was wondering when this was going to happen. I mean we never really talked about the fact that you were dating and such but I figured it was going well. I'm glad you found the one! :) Good luck juggling all your stuff but I'm sure you will get it all done, it seems like it always all works out in the end. I'm super excited for you and look forward to coming to the reception!! :)

The Oylers said...

I am still so super excited for you! I love the ring its beautiful. Well wish I could be there, but hey you should move to Texas...the cost of living is great here. Well peace out.

Erin said...

So exciting! added you to my blog! great to catch up on your life!

Goolia Girl said...

Congratulations Wendy! I'm so happy for you. I haven't seen you for so long it was great to get such good news from you. :) You two look great together!

Cassidy said...

Hey! That is wonderful. Another Continental couple.. haha, us too. Congrats!

Cassidy said...

Actually, I just assumed Continental. I bet you don't live there, do you?

Andrea Griggs said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news, I'm very happy for you. Enjoy every moment. Things don't ever slow down, so take care of each other and let things happen as they will-don't worry too much. And have fun!