Sunday, April 6, 2008

Post Spring Break by Las Vegas

My sister, Cindy, moved down to Las Vegas last August for work and my family decided to go down to her for Easter weekend when all of them had time off of school. I didn't want to miss anything so I got a sub for my classes and went with them. And finally, at last, it was warm!!
















We spent very little time on the Strip (fine by me!) and got out of the city. We went to Lake Mead and stopped at this overlook. I'm out here somewhere chasing my brother to the edge of the water.

















Next stop: Hoover Dam. There's a tradition in my family of spitting off bridges into the river/water below us. We are attempting that here. It was a little difficult though because the edge of the wall was so wide that it made it hard to lean all the way over. And below you have my brother, Jeff, and my sister, Cindy, and me on the state line between Nevada and Arizona. This is my favorite! We're so symmetric...and we weren't really trying all that hard. My dad even stood in the road to take the picture..."dam" tourists!


















And finally, here's all of us eating Mexican food on an outdoor patio. The weather was perfect for it! It was a belated celebration for my dad's birthday.

8 comments:

cherilyn said...

i love your family, so cute! i'm glad it was warm and you had fun!

birdie said...

Hi Wendy! We found your blog through Becki's blog and were excited to hear how you are doing. Drop us a line sometime!

Becki said...

What a fun getaway (in the sun!!) Definitely worth getting a sub for! I love the pictures...

birdie said...

You are now on our side bar and we would be honored to be placed on yours!

allicat4 said...

Wahoo for vacation!

The Oylers said...

Yay! I am so excited that you have a blog. I love that I am able to see what is going on in your life. It looks like things are going good. So any big plans in the near future?

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy! We also found your blog through Becki's. Check us out and drop us a line. Also, congrats on the engagement!

Tammy W said...

Hey Wendy! I may be slow at this blog thing but I loved seeing what you are doing. I don't have a blog for you to visit but I will enjoy checking yours often. Good luck juggling life in the coming months!