On our first full day we stopped at this overlook for Kolob Canyons and then drove around and explored the rest of Zions. We all were so happy to be out of Logan for a week that we didn't even care that we had to wear hoodies on Spring Break!
On the second day we went to Bryce Canyon and hiked in some mucky mud and snow. It was a great little hike but I had mud up to my knees! Here is my travel tip: March is too early in the season for Bryce unless you've got snow shoes with you! We're on the Queen's Garden train in this picture.
Then we went back to Angel's Landing in Zion's. We found these holes in rocks on our way to the top. Maybe you know about Angel's Landing? To get all the way to the top you have to hold on to a chain that's been fastened to the side of a cliff with like a 2000 ft drop off on either side. There was no way! I was not going across that. But half of us wanted to and the other half didn't. So we all hiked up to Scout's Lookout, which comes just before the chained part. Then the adventurous ones went on and the rest of us waited on the rocks and talked about how safe and content we were just chillin' in the shade.
Half of the fun of vacations is what you do in the evening. We spent 2 nights back at the Larson Kabin because it's half way between the two Parks. And then we spent the other 2 nights at my friend Jenny's grandma's house because it was free. In the top picture I am finishing off some left over spaghetti noodles with Lisa and Jenny at the cabin. On the bottom we all are playing a pretty intense game of Phase 10 at grandma's house. This picture was taken before I started cheating! (I'm not a very good cheater because I lost anyways. Besides, everyone else was on Phase 8 and I was still on Phase 2 when most of the cheating happened.)
No comments:
Post a Comment