Check me out! I'm snowboarding. Here is a section of a conversation that Dave and I had at the beginning of the day at Beaver Mountain:
"Well, how do I look?" I asked him just after I finished putting my boots and protective eye wear on.
"You look like a beginner," he matter-of-factly replied.
I looked around me at the other skiers and snowboarders to determine how "beginner" I really looked. But I looked like everybody else...I think. Everybody had hats, thick gloves, coats, and carried snowboards/skies just like I did.
"Are they beginners over there?" I asked.
"Ya, they look like beginners too," he told me. So I looked for intermediates(?) or experts.
When I thought I had found some "experts" I asked Dave if he thought they were. "No, they're beginners too."
How could he know?! As Dave was putting on the rest of his gear, I kept trying to see any difference between how the people were dressed and how you could even tell how much experience they had from their clothes.
Then, as we were walking away from the car, ready to hit the slopes (or the bunny hill), he pointed at himself and said, "Now this, this is what an expert looks like!"
(But I still think he looked like everybody else!)
6 comments:
I am so proud of you!
You're a brave soul. I'd like to try my hand at snowboarding, because I failed miserably at skiing...
I'm impressed! I've never gotten the nerve to try skiing or snowboarding.
love snowboarding! way better than skiing. you look awesome.
You look so cute Wendy. I need to follow your brave example and try snowboarding too.
i agree, you're brave. i'm a wimp, too wimpy to try.
Post a Comment