
After 27 years of brushing twice a day, nightly flossing, and annual fluoride treatments it finally happened to me...I got a cavity. Actually, I got two cavities on the same tooth, Tooth #19. I'm rich now too! Because they put silver on one of the cavities! (just kidding, it's not that much silver)
My family has a tradition-we go to the dentist every year between Christmas and New Year's Eve. Every year the hygienist asks me the same thing when she pokes my gums with sharp, pointy thing: How often do you floss? And every year I tell them the same thing: Every day. We always have this conversation when she's "checking my pockets". I guess I have weaker, softer gums than is healthy. "Your pockets are mostly 4s and 1-3 is normal," she said, "You should try flossing TWICE a day."
Yeah right.
8 comments:
i love your post, it cracked me up. flossing twice a day is a little unreasonable. i had a cavity recently too. boo.
Wendy, you are lucky to have gone this long in your life without having a cavity. I had my first 4 cavities when I was 5 years old. Not that I never brushed or flossed or ate lots of candy, but my teeth were just weaker or something. I have had too many cavities to count. But my Christmas miracle this year is that I went to the dentist a couple weeks ago and had no cavities!
Yeah, I think twice-a-day flossing is too much! It would make your gums sore, I would think!
Oh I can FEEL a cavity, but just haven't taken care of it yet. I need to now that I have *ta-da!* DENTAL INSURANCE! Hooray!
Yay! Wendy blogged again! Sorry about the cavity, bud. I've got weak teeth, too, and can't really count how many I've had. Of course, if I only had 7, I wouldn't be able to tell you that. I don't keep track of those sorts of things... anyway, good luck with flossing twice a day! There was a short time that I was obsessed with flossing and flossed twice or more each day... didn't last...
Wendy...I am so glad to know that you blog. I just found out from Garrett's blog and you even had a link to me. I have added you too! Sorry about the cavity. I like Garrett don't count that kind of thing.
I am going to the dentist next week. I can't wait actually. I love going to the dentist and having clean teeth. I have the goal to floss everyday this year starting after my dentist appt of course. I am can be a little obsessed about my teeth at time. I go through phases. Good thing it was this long before you got a cavity! :)
Maybe it was that burger at the Acme Burger Company that did the dastardly deed. I hope not!
Once upon a time I had a root canal. It wasn't fun. But I did get to watch a movie while they were doing it!
wendy, i have the same problem...weak gums. I got the same response...mostly 4's. I hate the dentist especially that pokey thing...it hurts!
Ouch, flossing hurts. I wouldn't want to do it more than once a month or so... Maybe just once every year... 10 minutes before going to the dentist's office - when I am brushing my teeth super good.
That usually works out OK for me.
Post a Comment